30 Hour IV Certification and Update
(State of Florida and Reciprocal States)
LEARN AND PRACTICE IN A COMFORTABLE SETTING WITH OUR EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS
This 7 hour "hands-on" class starts with a review of basic intravenous therapy:
peripheral line starts, saline/heparin locks, IV site care, calculation of drop factor and piggy backing IV meds...
and advances to explanation/demonstration of different central lines (single lumen and multi lumen-
Hickman and Groshong).
All students will perform: Central Line Dressing Change, inserting a Huber needle into a Port-A-Cath, drawing blood from a PICC line, flushing a central line, drawing blood from a peripheral site, and starting an IV (priming the line, spiking the IV bag, practicing multiple peripheral IV starts, etc.). Life like medical mannequins with a realistic blood return are used. Students are suggested to wear a dark or red shirt to class.
At the end of this class students will also feel comfortable with the following equipment:
- Eclipse Gravity Ball administration device
- Port-a-cath and Huber Needles
- Additional study materials
- DVD of hanging and starting a peripheral IV
- Take Home Test (Up to 6 Months to Complete)
- Certificate of completion
- Support by instructors Via: Phone + Email
The additional 24 hours of homestudy includes: